Thursday, April 14, 2011

Aloha, Hola, Bonjour

I am currently enrolled in a course titled Advanced Composition 2 where, along with 30 other students, we tutor our peers in an attempt to improve their writing skills. Tutoring is different than editing in that we don't strive to fix someone's paper. Our main goal as tutors is to improve the over all writing skills of our peers while sharing our own writing styles and techniques. While we are just high school students and are still only ankle deep in the real world, we realize that we don't (yet) have all of the answers. Therefore, we rely on eachother and outside sources for new writing styles, tips, and ideas. Hence the purpose of this blog. I am currently reading a book titled Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies For Every Writer by Roy Peter Clark. Dave Barry, author of Money Secrets, claims that "Roy Peter Clark knows more about writing than anybody I know who is not currently dead" which is enough of a reason for me to trust Clark's writing claims. As I stumble upon new, exciting and adventurous writing strategies while curiously flipping through my green covered book, I hope to periodically share (and attempt) them with not only the peers that I tutor, but also with those of you who are currently reading my blog. So, become friends with your refreash button and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment